Posted on July 18, 2012
After-School Corporation - Data Coordinator
TASC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing all students with expanded learning opportunities that educate, support, and inspire them. In its second decade, TASC developed and is implementing ExpandED Schools, a re-invention of the traditional school day, in New York City, Baltimore and New Orleans. By giving kids in public elementary and middle schools more time and a wider range of opportunities to learn, we offer a promising way for educators and communities to reinvent schools that struggle to fully deliver on the promise of public education. In New York City we support comprehensive, daily after-school programs and high school apprenticeship programs that can be scaled to reach large numbers of students.
TASC seeks a Data Coordinator to manage our fundraising and communications in Raiser’s Edge . This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and working closely with the Chief Communications Officer, Development Officers and other key staff to perform the tasks listed below.
- Serve as a key member of the development and communications teams and work closely across the organization to collect, manage and supply data.
- Perform daily maintenance and enhancement of all donor, prospect and other constituent records using Raiser’s Edge; monitor and maintain data accuracy, integrity and security for all data; perform imports and exports; manage segmentation, attributes and other data coding.
- Create queries and reports that provide critical information to department leaders; manage and produce gift reports, action reports, prospect reports and mailing list.
- Manage creation and maintenance of Communications mailing lists working across departments.
- Develop and document effective and efficient operational procedures.
- Train database users and support day-to-day data management, monitoring work to ensure accuracy.
- Process donor contributions & manage gift records and acknowledgements; ensuring timely response.
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliation in collaboration with finance staff.
- Coordinate with vendors, including Blackbaud, on-line giving vendors and event consultants to obtain contracted service and follow through.
- Research prospective donors that support strategy for maximizing funding opportunities.
- Manage TASC’s online Funding Opportunities Database by: gathering information on funding opportunities; writing and posting summaries on TASC’s website using basic HTML; selecting featured opportunities to disseminate in TASC’s ENewsletter and Facebook account
- Assist in assessing the strategic direction of the office’s database capacity and in developing knowledge management plan for the office.
- Remain abreast of advances/updates in Raiser’s Edge software and other related products.
- Work on special projects as needed, including special events and donor stewardship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years experience using Raiser’s Edge, preferably with experience as an administrator
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications, including; including imports, exports and developing reports; interest in learning new computer applications and programs
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills; willingness to take initiative and make recommendations
- Experience training database users and developing accompanying materials
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, operate independently and collaboratively, and manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, with high standards for quality of work product and attention to detail
- A sense of humor, flexibility and desire to work in a diverse, collaborative workplace
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
TASC, 1440 Broadway, 16th Fl, New York, NY 10018, RE: Data Coordinator
Or e-mail to: email@example.com, Subject: Data Coordinator
No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer