Posted on June 19, 2012
CancerCare - Grants Manager
CancerCare seeks a motivated individual to provide grant writing, grants management, and related tasks to support its annual national and regional grant seeking campaigns. Responsibilities are as follows:
The ideal candidate will have a BA and at least 3 + years of fundraising/grants experience. Other requirements include excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, as well as strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Develop, write, and edit grant proposals and reports.
- Provide support and coordination to national and regional development/program staff in the grant seeking and proposal development process.
- Work with institutional giving and social service staff to develop new ideas for funding.
- Identify funding opportunities for CancerCare and its programs.
- Prepare internal reports for staff, board, and other constituencies, including: grants calendar of deadlines and other pertinent information; institutional giving status reports; year-end institutional giving reports; and prospect lists.
- Work with social service staff to ensure that grant requirements are met.
Excellent benefits and vacation. Please mail or email cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: Sue Lee, Senior Director of Development, Cancer Care, Inc., 275 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001 or email@example.com.
Cancer Care is an equal opportunity employer.