Posted on January 30, 2013
Associate, Foundation Relations
Girl Scouts of the USA
Girl Scouts of the USA - Associate, Foundation Relations
The Associate, Foundation Relations is responsible for providing support to the foundation relations team of Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), including development and production of materials for presentations and prospect visits, writing and submitting proposals and assisting in advancing relations with current and potential funders. She/he maintains a high standard of quality for donor-related information, data and records. The Associate ensures that materials, documents and communications directed to foundation relations, prospects and funders are accurate and reflect favorably on the national fund development department. She/he works closely with GSUSA staff and volunteer leadership to facilitate timely and appropriate reporting to donors and recognition of their support. The Associate also plays a significant role in developing leads for foundation funding sources and in advancing conversations towards GSUSA’s potential for submitting formal funding requests.
The Associate is also responsible for meeting coordination, scheduling travel, and other related activities.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing reports, proposals and/or high level business correspondence and digital data management
- Demonstrated experience in donor research and/or grants administration
- Demonstrated familiarity and/or direct experience in a fund development environment with direct ongoing interaction with donors
- Demonstrated solid research and computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills as well as organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proven experience multi tasking in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Occasional travel, when required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related area, or equivalent relevant experience
EOE Committed to Diversity
Please apply online with cover letter and resume at