Posted on July 5, 2012
Program Officer, Performing Arts
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation - Program Officer, Performing Arts
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation seeks a Program Officer who will foster the Foundation’s work in the creation and distribution of exemplary performing arts projects. The Program Officer reports to the Deputy Director, Programs.
- A degree in arts administration or arts-related field.
- At least five years of experience working in the performing arts as a presenter or at the program director level.
- Experience in and appreciation for a wide variety of styles and genres in the performing arts.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with nonprofit presenting organizations the United States, particularly in the mid-Atlantic region.
- The ability to develop, manage, and evaluate arts programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research and planning skills.
- Proficiency in computer technology including the ability to use various software applications for project and data management.
- Demonstrated maturity and seasoned judgment.
- The Program Officer, Performing Arts’ primary responsibility is management of the Foundation’s regional performing arts touring programs, including American Masterpieces, ArtsCONNECT, Mid Atlantic Tours, and Special Presenter Initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- review and refine program guidelines
- work with Foundation marketing staff to promote programs
- respond to public inquiries and provide technical assistance to potential applicants
- recruit panelists and facilitate review panels for adjudicated grant programs
- work with presenting community in the development of staff-curated programs
- create grant documentation for Board review
- work with Foundation grant management staff for processing of awards
- manage program budgets
- monitor and evaluate grants
- work closely with the Executive and Deputy Directors in the development of new programs that align with the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- work with Foundation development staff to create reports for program funders
- maintain close contact with the Foundation’s constituents
- represent the Foundation’s interests at state, regional and national meetings and conferences
Salary commensurate with experience. A full benefits package accompanies the position.
The position will remain open until filled. Anticipated start date: September 1, 2012
Please email letter of application, resume, and names and contact information for three references to email@example.com (please send file attachments as Word or PDF documents only) or mail documents to:
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
201 N. Charles St., Suite 401
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Foundation will not respond to telephone inquiries concerning this position.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.