Posted on February 27, 2012
Referral Coordinator/Intake Specialist
Seedco - Referral Coordinator/Intake Specialist
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that works to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s work focuses on three primary areas: workforce development, work and family supports, and community finance and small business services. Seedco is a leader in implementing innovative, multi-partner initiatives that foster financial advancement and security. Learn more at www.seedco.org.
Seedco/N-PAC works with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to provide employment and training services that help individuals transition from welfare to work, maintain continuous employment, and achieve self-sufficiency. N-PAC has funding from the New York City’s Human Resources Administration (HRA) to operate its Back to Work (BTW) Program in the South Bronx and Manhattan. The Referral Coordinator/Intake Specialist will be stationed in the South Bronx to liaise between the Bronx sites and refer Cash Assistance (CA) applicants and recipients to various BTW Programs.
- Meet program participants referred from NYC HRA job centers in the Bronx and conduct intake and referral assignment to one of the three South Bronx BTW sites to receive employment and job retention services;
- Introduce participants with the BTW program, their respective BTW site and services, and troubleshoot any issues related to the participants’ timely arrival to their appointment, provide full information and directions to the BTW site to all clients;
- Track referral volume and no shows; implement proactive outreach to follow up with absent participants and reschedule intake appointments; ensure participant reminders in advance;
- Conduct daily data entry into Seedco/N-PAC’s internal system; complete daily intake and referral tracking reports as necessary; use HRA’s systems to review daily referrals;
- Manage inventory and distribution of MetroCards;
- Serve as a liaison between Seedco/NPAC, BTW sites in the South Bronx and Human Resources Administration staff located at the job centers as necessary;
- Administrative Tasks: filing, typing, coping, faxing, etc.;
- Attend monthly staff meetings; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED is required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred;
- At least 2-4 years of relevant customer service, direct social service, case management and/or retention services experience;
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to manage diverse client needs;
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals with diverse backgrounds;
- Attention to detail is key. Must be organized, detail oriented and demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Must have the ability to handle conflicts and provide quick and efficient resolutions; and
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Referral Coordinator/Intake Specialist (Ref# 12-016)” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website http://www.seedco.org/careers for other job opportunities.