Posted on January 27, 2013
Associate, External Affairs
Global Footprint Network
Global Footprint Network - Associate, External Affairs
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking an Associate, External Affairs.
Global Footprint Network's External Affairs Department coordinates all aspects of the organization's revenue stream, including foundations, individual donors, and project development/client services. The Associate, External Affairs will provide support across the department, particularly in coordinating foundation deadlines, supporting the administrative process of project development, coordinating online fundraising efforts, and assisting with building our individual donor base.
The Associate, External Affairs will report to the Head of Client Services.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting External Affairs Foundation Manger in providing foundation research, submitting letters of intent (LOIs), grant proposals and grant reporting to all foundations that fund Global Footprint Network.
- Helps to prioritize foundation funding streams, matching foundation grants to project development proposals.
- Maintains thematic program content and materials for Global Footprint Network staff and grant writers.
- Provides database support with regards to foundation contacts and opportunity information within Salesforce.
Project Development Support
- Coordinates the project development pipeline across the organization, including: monitoring quarterly goals, providing monthly reporting to the senior management team and Regional Directors, and supporting all proposal writers/consultants.
- Coordinates and monitors project development opportunities in Salesforce with advisory support from Regional Directors.
- Provides administrative support in costing projects and building proposals.
- Provides administrative/scheduling support for project development; schedules timely meetings with external clients; agendas, notes, and follow-up.
- Provides database support with regards to clients' contacts and opportunity information within Salesforce.
Individual Donors and General Support
- Supports Fundraising Team in online and direct mail fundraising appeals and reporting.
- Liaises with the Communications department to coordinate moving content through fundraising channels and social media channels.
- Supports Directors, Executives and Project Management Team in external meetings with foundations and clients.
- Coordinates donation acknowledgements for individual donor program.
- Supports Senior Manager of External Affairs.
- Supports Global Footprint Network Ambassador Council.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience fundraising with foundations, campaigns, fundraising appeals, grant writing, and project development or a combination.
- Proven knowledge of foundation grant application processes, donor cultivation, and fundraising databases.
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues.
- Excellence in professional writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Fluency in a second language is desirable, but not required
SALARY and BENEFITS
Global Footprint Network offers a benefits package and competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. This is a full-time position located at Global Footprint Network's offices in Oakland, CA. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access. Our daily communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 8th at 5pm PST.
Send resume and statement of career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term “Associate, External Affairs.” Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.