Posted on November 26, 2012
Donor Relations Manager
Nature Conservancy - Donor Relations Manager
The Donor Relations Manager creates and implements strategies for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors capable of contributing $10,000+ and/or making a deferred gift. Cultivates relationships with donors and prospects and maintains ongoing contact with past and current donors. Uses the fundraising management system (FMS) to update donor information, produce reports, perform analysis, and track and cultivate donors.
Identifies prospects for principal ($5 million and higher) and major ($100,000 and higher) gifts through exploratory meetings and contacts, and strategizes with senior fundraising staff in developing a pipeline of major and principal donors. May lead and/or assist with asking for and closing major gifts and/or planned gifts.
Supervises two Relationship Management staff in planning and implementing a variety of activities to attract and engage donors to support local and state conservation priorities. Provides program information to donors and prospects, and drafts routine correspondence and acknowledgments. Works with New York City Philanthropy Team to cultivate and steward donors through events and other engagement activities, including the Nature’s Champions donor group ($1K+ NY donors). Leads effort to steward and attract new area members to the Legacy Club.
Personally solicits and closes gifts of $10,000+ from a portfolio of 75+ individual prospects May have an annual fundraising target of $1,000,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and 6+ years related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Major gifts or other direct fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated experience using effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving. Working knowledge or willingness and ability to learn the basics of charitable gift planning.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Successful experience in managing, and tracking, multiple prospects and donors.
- Ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of a team of fundraisers and/or operations staff.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employere
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and minimum 6 years’ related work experience with major gift and direct fundraising experience.
- Experience building relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Experience using written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
- Experience in managing, and tracking, multiple prospects and donors.
For more information and to apply:
Visit www.nature.org/careers and search for Job ID# 40571.
Deadline to apply is December 4, 2012.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer