Posted on December 7, 2012
Museum Store Sales Floor Supervisor
Asian Art Museum
Asian Art Museum - Museum Store Sales Floor Supervisor
The Asian Art Museum of San Francisco offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced retail professional to supervise the day-to-day sales operations of a dynamic museum store outpost located in the busy Westfield Shopping Centre. Reporting to the museum's Assistant Manager of Retail Operations, the Supervisor will participate in the training, motivation, and supervision of a team of sales associates in addition to providing excellent customer service.
The Supervisor will serve as an ambassador for the Asian Art Museum as well as a retail supervisor.
- The nature of the work requires standing for long periods of time.
- Dress code is required.
- Weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supervises day-to-day operations on the retail sales unit; opens and closes cash registers, performs customer transactions, rings out and reconciles the register.
- Work with Assistant Manager to maintain sales coverage schedule.
- Maintains stock of supplies in retail sales unit; restocks merchandise as needed.
- Works in collaboration with the Assistant Manager of Retail Operations and Manager of Retail Operations to train, motivate, and supervise staff in sales techniques, cash handling, computer skills, and product knowledge.
- Resolves day-to-day customer service issues, including some phone and e-mail correspondence; uses good judgment and initiative to solve customer problems in a courteous, helpful, and efficient manner; personally provides superior internal and external customer service at all times, and insures that store personnel also provide excellent customer service.
- Develops knowledge of product to educate and assist customers and staff.
- Uses good visual merchandising skills to work in collaboration with Assistant Manager of Retail Operations and Manager of Retail Operations to merchandise retail unit as sell-down occurs; assists in periodic merchandising re-works.
- Performs store maintenance and housekeeping as needed.
- Participates in periodic physical inventory counts including regular cycle counts and total inventory at the end of the pop-up.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales and retail management, including supervisory experience (book, art, or mall experience highly desirable).
- Ability to rapidly absorb information on the Asian Art Museum, its collection, programs and exhibits and to acquire product knowledge.
- Experience with retail loss prevention; ability to oversee and enforce loss prevention policies.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated supervisory and customer relations skills including resolution of employee/volunteer/customer problems.
- Ability to accurately perform basic bookkeeping tasks; cash handling and reconciliation skills.
- Ability to: deal with museum staff, volunteers, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and efficient manner; problem solve and exercise good judgment and diplomacy at all times; prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; successfully train, motivate, and supervise volunteers.
- Ability to: work independently; demonstrate integrity, flexibility, and initiative.
- Ability to work weekend and some evening hours.
- Extremely detail-oriented, dependable, and conscientious.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Interest or background in Asian art preferred
$18.43 per hour
Apply online at http://bitly.com/V7j6OU or
Send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to:
Asian Art Museum
200 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
* The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 17,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.*
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.