Posted on August 13, 2012
Bailey House - Grants Writer
Bailey House is a nationally recognized leader providing innovative housing and support services for formerly homeless men, women and children living with AIDS -- integrated models of housing, health monitoring, case management, mental health and substance use counseling.
The Specialist will maintain the current stream of both private and government funding, and seeks new sources of support, working to maximize relationships within the philanthropic community. The specialist will coordinate all grants management and will play a central role in the development team fund raising efforts to support the mission of Bailey House.
This individual will compile and manage a portfolio of all prospects, research grants and develop and write proposals, cultivate strategies for new prospects and develop strategic plan to increase corporate and foundation funding.
- MA degree
- Minimum 5 years maintaining a high volume grants program.
- Working knowledge of the New York philanthropic community.
- Demonstrated skills in grant research and prospecting. Ability to manage calendar of submissions and reporting.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to assimilate statistical and budgetary data in proposal narratives.
- Must be able to create and adhere to strict schedule of submission and reporting deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to utilize spreadsheets and design professional-looking proposal packages. Working/executive level knowledge of Corporate and Foundation philanthropy with emphasize on serving at-risk populations.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume, salary requirements and cover letter to email@example.com, by mail to Bailey House, Inc. 1751 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10035 Attention: Human Resources, or Fax: 212-414-1431.
Bailey House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental insurance, life/disability insurance, pension plan and four weeks vacation.