Posted on February 27, 2013
Government or Private Foundation Grant Writer
Salvation Army - Government or Private Foundation Grant Writer
Director of Foundation Relations
- B.A. required.
- Grant writing experience required. Two to five years of grant writing experience within social service field, with proven success writing and managing six and seven-figure government grants (in response to RFPs) or grants for private and corporate foundations.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving fundraising targets.
- Superior writing and editing skills, strong ability to alter tone and adapt narratives to multiple audiences.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral communication skills; ability to communicate with multiple professional levels in order to obtain feedback on grant awards for reporting purposes.
- Experience with Donor Perfect a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity and interest in issues surrounding homelessness, food insecurity, youth development, poverty, and emergency disaster relief.
The Salvation Army of Greater New York provides an array of social services throughout the five boroughs of New York City, on Long Island, and in seven counties to the north. In order to secure foundation, corporate, and government funding for these many programs, the Grant Writer will work as part of the Development team to maintain relationships with current donors and to seek new sources of support.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Take lead as principal writer on all proposals, reports, and other correspondence for submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders.
- Interact with executive level and program staff, as well as with foundation staff and government grant representatives.
- Research private and government funding opportunities.
- Research outside sources for statistics and other information to support proposals.
- Assist in acknowledging/tracking private grants and managing grant contracts.
- Assist in preparing budgets and financial reports.
- Participate in site visits with funders, and site visits in preparation for proposal drafting.
- Contribute to additional departmental writing projects.
- Assist with Annual Luncheon, Spring Gala, and other events as they arise.
- Perform various additional duties integral to the effective operation of the Development Department.
Please submit cover letter detailing your applicable experience and specifying which position you are interested in (Government Grant Writer, Private Foundation Grant Writer, or Corporate Grant Writer), resume, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com. This position entails the grant writer working from the job site. Those looking to work from home or provide consultation services need not apply.
STATEMENT OF THE SALVATION ARMY
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His Name without discrimination.