Posted on February 28, 2013
Director of Child Development
Greenhope Services for Women
Greenhope Services for Women - Director of Child Development
Summary: Supervise and monitor daily activities of Kandake Child Development Center (KCDC) for children ages, 0 to 5 years and direct child development needs within the agency. This includes creating a positive and caring work environment representing Greenhope’s philosophy, mission, and vision.
Reports to: Residential Director
Qualifications: Masters Degree in early childhood education or related field with administrative experience with a minimum of 1 year supervisory teaching experience OR BA in early childhood development with a minimum of 2 years experience as a group teacher in a program for children under six years of age. Must possess State Education Department teacher certification in early childhood or have the ability to obtain certification. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Direct the operation of Kandake Child Development Center and oversees the day to day activities of the Center
- Help to direct child development needs within the agency
- Maintain a safe and healthy physical environment for the children enrolled
- Supervise KCDC staff and work cooperatively with parents
- Develop and implement KCDC policies and procedures in compliance with state and agency regulations
- Orient new employees and parents on Center policies and procedures
- Manage enrollment of the Center and ensure compliance with state mandated ratios and capacity
- Ensure appropriate documents are gathered on every child and maintain children’s files including progress reports, attendance and health and parent contact records
- Develop and implement daily program curriculum and philosophy
- Help with coordinating and/or conducting child development training
- Provide support and community referrals to parents as needed
- Work with the mother and child coordinator to ensure child/parent compliance with KCDC rules and to assist parents with their child’s development needs.
- Assist departments with ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and city government regulations and procedural requirements related to children
- Work with food services coordinator to ensure appropriate meals or snacks are provided for children
- Participate in and/or conduct team meetings to discuss children progress
- May participate in grant development meetings to assist with expanding or enhancing children programs or resources
- Act as a community resource for KCDC and attend meetings and conferences as needed to enhance skills and Center services
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of management, supervision and administration.
- Local, state and federal laws, regulations, policies and practices governing child care programs.
- Principles and practices of early childhood education.
- General health and wellness of children.
- Federal State Grant requirements.
- First aid and CPR techniques and methods.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Community resources available for health or social services.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health issues.
Mail cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources, Greenhope Services for Women, Inc.,
Administrative Office, 435 East 119th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10035. E-mail to email@example.com , or fax
to 212-996-8638. No Calls Please. www.greenhope.org.