Posted on July 24, 2012
Nonprofit Initiatives Manager
Growth Philanthropy Network
Growth Philanthropy Network - Nonprofit Initiatives Manager
SUMMARY: The Nonprofit Initiatives Manager will play an important role in the Growth Philanthropy Network (www.growthphilanthropy.org ) and, in particular, the Social Impact Exchange (www.socialimpactexchange.org), an emerging national membership association dedicated to collaboratively building the field of scaling in the social sector. Our primary goal is to facilitate the creation of an efficient capital marketplace that can provide significant and reliable funding for the scaling of top-performing nonprofit initiatives. The Exchange serves as a forum for foundations, philanthropists, nonprofits, and others interested in working together to learn about, implement and fund large-scale expansions of high performing nonprofit and social investment initiatives.
The Nonprofit Initiatives Manager will be responsible for working with the VP for Nonprofit Strategy to engage high-performing, scaling nonprofit organizations in the work of the Exchange. The majority of his/her time will be spent overseeing the work of the Contribution Center, a web-based platform that connects high-performing nonprofits with individual donors through integration and distribution by major banking institutions (http://www.socialimpactexchange.org/exchange/contribution-center/overview). The Nonprofit Initiatives Manager will oversee and implement the process of identifying, vetting, and integrating nonprofits onto the platform.
The Exchange is a young and rapidly growing organization. This position offers considerable opportunities for professional growth and development and requires flexibility as both the role and the organization growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee the development and growth of the Contribution Center by managing the nomination, vetting and approval process of high performing, scaling nonprofits. Specific responsibilities include:
- Shape and execute criteria for selecting and assessing organizations for the platform; update processes periodically
- Research organizations based on publically available information
- Prepare summaries of research and present recommendations on high performing organizations
- Conduct conference calls with nonprofit executives and/or other staff of nominated organizations to establish baseline eligibility and initiate due diligence process
- Coordinate submission of materials from the nonprofits that have been identified to engage in the due diligence process
- Review and prepare materials (e.g., business plans, evaluations, audited financials, etc.,) submitted by the organization before going out to Contribution Center Review Team members.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate members of the Contribution Center Review Team. Coordinate the work of the expert evaluators reviewing the evaluation studies of nominated organizations
- Analyze the scores submitted by the review team and determine eligibility for approval with the Contribution Center team.
- Ensure the profiles of approved organizations are presented appropriately on the site. As needed, assess and refine Contribution Center materials and processes
- Oversee other Contribution Center staff, including interns
- Support other key components of the Exchange’s overall strategy for engaging and working with nonprofit organizationsSupport efforts to create and maintain SIF Registry, a web-based platform connecting Social Innovation Fund intermediaries and sub-grantees with funders supporting scaling high-impact initiatives.
- Manage the data collection process for SIF intermediaries and subgrantees
- Work with the VP of Strategic Engagement on approving users for the SIF Registry
- Respond to all user inquiries who may be experiencing issues on the site
- Work with intermediaries and subgrantees in updating their materials online
- Assist with efforts to plan and host the Exchange’s annual Conference on Scaling Impact
- Support efforts to build the Knowledge Center, the Exchange’s online platform dedicated to providing stakeholders with high quality information about funding and implementation of scaling initiatives
- Participate in collaborations between the Exchange and other organizations that have complementary missions
Master’s in a related field (public policy, nonprofit management, public health, etc.) strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the nonprofit field
- A strong understanding of and experience with current trends and practices in nonprofit evaluation (quantitative and qualitative)
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Strong project management skills, including ability to oversee junior staff and/or interns
- Able to function with MS Office products. Facility with Excel especially important. Knowledge of Drupal preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time effectively; highly productive and efficient.
- Passionate about GPN’s mission and commitment to contributing to a collaborative team
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.