Posted on November 16, 2012
EcoDistrict Project Director
Capitol Hill Housing
Capitol Hill Housing - EcoDistrict Project Director
Capitol Hill Housing is seeking a professional full-time EcoDistrict Project Director who is a visionary, solutions-oriented problem solver with strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others and keep them involved. The position will work under general direction of the Director of Real Estate & Sustainable Communities and will act independently to manage program budget, EcoDistrict Steering Committee interface, district sustainability projects and development of district financing mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Equitable development will be extremely important to the Capitol Hill EcoDistrict as the district searches for innovative ways to solve power, water, waste and resource efficiency questions at a district scale. The following functions will need to be provided by the Project Director to assure the EcoDistrict strives to achieve equitable and sustainable development in the district.
- Lead the Capitol Hill EcoDistrict on implementation of district projects
- Coordinate and facilitate the EcoDistrict Steering Committee made up of key district stakeholders to guide the work
- Help to create an organizational structure for the EcoDistrict
- Reaffirm and finalize goals, targets and visioning for what will become the Capitol Hill EcoDistrict
- Manage and develop key partnership and stakeholder relationships
- Serve as a liaison for the EcoDistrict with Capitol Hill business and residential community, City/regional agencies and other potential private and public sector partners
- Manage the development of baseline and target metrics for the EcoDistrict
- Create a 3-year EcoDistrict action plan that includes priority projects and expected outcomes
- Manage project feasibility studies as determined by baseline assessment, action plan and the EcoDistrict Steering Committee
- Develop protocols for ongoing performance monitoring in the district to inform partners and measure success
- Develop resources to grow the scope of district projects/programs and accelerate consensus goals and targets
- Work closely with existing Sustainable Communities Manager at CHH.
- At least five years relevant work experience in the sustainability field
Practical knowledge of methods, practices and principles of green building and infrastructure, low impact development and smart growth strategies
Relevant background in real estate, economic and infrastructure development and public-private partnerships
Proven experience managing complex multi-stakeholder community and infrastructure investments
Strong interpersonal and business development skills and ability to collaborate with high level leadership, staff, board, local government, public agencies, strategic partners and industry professionals to meet programmatic goals
Experience managing and leading committees of high level decision-makers/leaders
Ability to coordinate public information and media requests
Detail oriented work style and project management abilities with experience managing contracts
Excellent communication and facilitation abilities
Grant writing experience
Adept at handling multiple tasks and responsibilities; ability to effectively change priorities quickly and to work cooperatively and proactively with team members to accomplish goals
Ability to organize time efficiently, prioritize tasks and perform tasks in a self-directed manner; ability to cope with deadline pressures
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Experience developing or managing district financing mechanisms such as a Business Improvement District, Parking Management District, Local Improvement District, or similar
Experience in nonprofit program coordination or management in the field of economic development, community development, sustainable development, or related field
Master’s Degree in related field
All employees at CHH are employees at will. The job description outlined above is not intended to represent an absolute or final list of all elements, activities or duties of the job. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this position.
Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background and credit background check prior to employment with Capitol Hill Housing. Capitol Hill Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To read about our EcoDistrict work and view the full job description, please visit www.capitolhillhousing.org/
Please submit a cover letter and resume to resume at capitolhillhousing.org.
Salary: $62,000 to $67,000 DOE with generous benefits package.