Posted on August 16, 2012
New York City Police Museum
New York City Police Museum - Bookkeeper (Part-Time)
Bookkeeeper needed for museum in lower Manhattan.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all duties associated with accounts payable including: interacting with staff and vendors; processing invoices; expense coding; and data entry;
- Conducts all duties associated with accounts receivable including: processing donations, performing bank deposits; and tracking and following up on all accounts receivables;
- Conducts all duties associated with bi-weekly payroll, including inputting data to Paychex;
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations for organizations bank accounts;
- Performs credit card reconciliations;
- Assists with preparing annual audit schedules;
- Maintains historical records by filing documents;
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends;
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years' responsible nonprofit accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Word and Excel are required;
- Must possess a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work;
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines;
- Solid communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner with board, staff, funders and partners;
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment.
To Apply: Please forward cover letter and resume to: