Posted on August 14, 2012
International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee - Development Coordinator
The Women's Refugee Commission works to ensure that displaced persons are safe, healthy and self-reliant by advocating for laws, policies and programs to improve the lives and protect the rights of refugee and displaced women, children and young people—bringing about lasting, measurable change.
The Women’s Refugee Commission is legally part of the International Rescue Committee, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Women’s Refugee Commission receives no direct financial support from the IRC.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Development Coordinator (DC) will play a key role in the Women’s Refugee Commission’s fundraising operations ($5.6 million annual budget) as a member of a three-person team. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Foundation and Government Relations, the DC’s responsibilities are primarily operational and provide essential infrastructure support including database management; prospect research; processing gifts; and assisting with donor cultivation and events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as Administrator for all Blackbaud products (Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity) and liaison with WRC staff and vendor.
- Oversee the database merger and clean up initiative.
- Enter and update information in database.
- Generate reports, queries, exports and lists for mailings and appeals.
- Manage donation page and online giving.
- Manage matching gifts.
- Manage monthly giving.
- Coordinate prospect research. Identify and research new sources of support; participating in monthly meetings with program; and preparing donor and prospect briefings; this includes research on institutional and individual donors.
- Liaise with Finance to reconcile revenue.
- Liaise with IRC development staff on reporting of gifts.
- Assist the senior development staff with cultivation and donor stewardship—drafting correspondence; preparing materials and packages for presentation; coordinating meetings; and responding to queries.
- Assist with annual Voices of Courage fundraising luncheon and cultivation events in partnership with Communications.
- Draft and edit donor correspondence.
- Recruit and manage intern(s).
- Manage electronic and hard copy filing system on donors and prospects.
- Coordinate and track proposals, grants and reports.
- Manage development department vendors and payment of invoices.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressive work experience in fundraising environment.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud fundraising products (e.g. Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity).
- Able to think systematically and analytically and to distill information into most salient points.
- Must be technologically proficient with demonstrated excel and database management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to create efficient work systems.
- Ability to plan for and manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with strict deadlines.
- Flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively and independently in a team environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player as well as individual contributor.
- Demonstrated interest in international/humanitarian issues.
- Interest in a career in fundraising/development.