Posted on September 13, 2012
Individual Giving Manager
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City - Individual Giving Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
- Bachelorís degree required;
Minimum of three years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of securing individual gifts;
Candidate must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City seeks a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual to manage its individual giving program. The Individual Giving Manager will retain and upgrade existing individual donors while also actively identifying and acquiring new donors through research, cultivation and targeted outreach.
- Design and implement an individual giving action plan for Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship development. Work closely with the Executive Director and Chief Development Officer to manage a portfolio of individual donors;
- Manage the Direct Mail program, including: writing appeals for in-house renewals and acquisition mailings, managing list exchanges; produce reports to measure the performance of mail appeals; assist with data entry and acknowledgments;
- Manage BBBS of NYCís grassroots community fundraising campaigns in association with the New York City Marathon and Half Marathon and develop new partnerships. Work directly with community fundraisers to encourage them in their fundraising efforts and assist with developing their fundraising plans;
- Work with the marketing team to produce dynamic donor communications and updates including e-newsletters, videos and effectively use social media channels for donor outreach;
- Produce reports to measure the success of individual campaigns and report to senior staff and trustees;
- Assist with other Development Department activities as assigned.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability and maturity to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences;
- A proven track record of securing gifts from individuals and managing a portfolio of donors;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required; experience with Raiserís Edge database is preferred.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com.