Posted on August 28, 2012
Financial Services Volunteer Corps
Financial Services Volunteer Corps - Program Officer
Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is a not-for-profit, private-public partnership whose mission is to help build sound banking and financial systems in transitioning and developing countries. The premise of FSVC’s work is that sound financial infrastructure, together with the rule of law, is necessary to mobilize domestic savings, attract foreign investment, deepen international trade linkages, and create conditions that promote lasting economic opportunity.
FSVC’s core work concentrates on developing central bank capabilities, strengthening commercial banking systems, and building capital markets. To achieve this mission, FSVC structures practical, results-oriented technical assistance missions staffed by financial sector practitioners who serve as unpaid volunteers. By recruiting currently employed professionals at the peak of their careers to serve as volunteers, FSVC is able to provide technical assistance that is objective, independent, and state-of-the-art. FSVC has field offices in Albania, Egypt, Kenya, Lebanon, Russia, and Tunisia.
The position will be based in FSVC’s head office in New York City.
Key job functions include:
- Manage all stateside aspects of assigned program implementation, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up, in the areas of commercial banking, central banking, capital markets and tax administration.
- Develop a network of contacts with expertise in the abovementioned areas to advise on program implementation and potentially serve as volunteers on individual projects.
- Liaise closely with FSVC field staff to support program development and project management.
- Contribute to proposal writing and other business development activities as needed in the abovementioned areas.
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
- Master’s degree in finance/economics or international relations
- Two to three years of experience in financial services or international development work
- Fluency in one or more languages spoken in countries where FSVC currently operates
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to email@example.com and include “Program Officer” in the subject line. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
Submission Deadline: September 16, 2012