The #OpenForGood Award
Open For Good is a movement to encourage foundations to openly share their knowledge. When we are #OpenForGood, we all learn from each other — and that can make incredible things happen.
Last year, we started #OpenForGood, a campaign to encourage foundations to openly share what they’re learning. Now, we’re launching this award as a way to bring due recognition and visibility to foundations who share challenges, successes, and failures to strengthen how we can think and act as a sector on whole. The winning foundations will demonstrate an active commitment to open knowledge and share their evaluations through IssueLab. We’re looking for the best examples of smart, creative, strategic, and consistent knowledge sharing in the field, across all geographic and issue contexts.
Help us launch this award by entering your foundation in this year’s pool. Nominations are open through September 30. One nomination per foundation – all qualifying nominees will be listed here to avoid duplication.
Winners will be selected this Fall through a review process, and will be notified in January. Winners will receive technical support to create a custom knowledge center for themselves or a grantee, and also promotional support in the form of social media and newsletter space. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Any foundation anywhere in the world
- Must share its evaluations publicly through IssueLab
- Must demonstrate active commitment to open knowledge
- Preferential characteristics include foundations that integrate creativity, field leadership, openness, and community insight into knowledge sharing work
- Bonus points for use of other open knowledge elements such as open licensing, digital object identifiers (DOIs), or institutional repository
Anyone is welcome to nominate any foundation. Any foundation is welcome to nominate itself.Fields marked * are required.