Scholarships for Foundation Center Full-Day Training Seminars: New York City
Please note that scholarships are currently unavailable at this time. If you are interested in being placed on the waiting list, or would like more information about the program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Scholarships of $200 are available for representatives of nonprofits to attend Foundation Center training seminars at the New York library/learning center. Applications should be completed at least ten business days prior to the seminar date.
There are two different scholarships available:
Community-based organizations: Scholarships to our seminars will build your organization's internal capacity to seek financial support from foundations, corporations, and other grantmakers. Eligible 501(c)(3)s may receive one scholarship per calendar year.
- Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- The total organizational operating budget must be under $5,000,000.
- Preference will be given to organizations that are located in, and primarily serve, Newark, NJ.
Individuals seeking employment: Scholarships are available to people who are currently unemployed, underemployed, or students and seeking to join the nonprofit sector. Our seminars will introduce individuals to fundraising best practices while giving them an opportunity to network with fellow course participants.
- Individual must be currently unemployed, underemployed, or a student approaching graduation.
- Individual must be looking for employment in the nonprofit sector.
Partial scholarships of $200 per seminar will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis. Scholarships may be applied to the cost of any of the following courses that take place at the Foundation Center in New York City:
- Foundation Fundraising Essentials
- Proposal Writing Workshop
- Proposal Writing Boot Camp
- Foundation Research Master Class
- Securing Corporate Partnerships
The nonprofit or individual receiving the scholarship will be responsible for the balance of the fee, which must be paid prior to admittance to the seminar (balance range: $95-$395).
Scholarships cannot be combined with any special offers or discounts.
This initiative is made possible through generous support from The Prudential Foundation.