As the leading source of information on philanthropy worldwide, the Foundation Center is often cited in the news. Journalists turn to us regularly as a source of the latest comprehensive, reliable information that will help them report on current trends. Here are some examples of recent media coverage:
Recent Media Coverage Highlights
- "The 'Medium Data' Alliance Between Guidestar and the Foundation Center: Get Your Information Here!" by Rick Cohen, Nonprofit Quarterly, October 24, 2013.
- "How Big Data Are Changing Philanthropy," by Allison Fine, Social Good podcast, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, October 15, 2013.
- "U.S. Foundation Giving Reaches an Estimated $50.9 Billion in 2012," Philanthropy Journal, October 8, 2013.
- "Good (and Not So Good?)" by Lucy Bernholz, PHILANTHROPY 2173, October 8, 2013.
- "Philanthropy and the Millennium Development Goals," by Bradford Smith, Alliance, October 3, 2013.
- "Foundation Transparency—Foundation Center's Surprising Glass Pockets Website," by Jim Lynch, TechSoup Blog, October 3, 2013.
- "Giving by U.S. Foundations Tops $50.9 Billion in 2012," by Manuela Badawy, Reuters, October 1, 2013.
- "What is "Good Enough" for Data?," by Larry McGill, NTEN Blog, September 30, 2013.
- "U.S. Foundations and the UN's Millennium Development Goals: Promising Convergence," by Rick Cohen, Nonprofit Quarterly, September 27, 2013.
- "Where the Money Goes in Human Rights," by Diana White Hill, The Activist Writer, September 26, 2013.