Starting a Career in Nonprofit Fundraising
in New York, NY on November 4, 2011
WHEN Friday, November 4, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m.
79 Fifth Ave (at 16th Street)
2nd Floor New York, NY
COURSE DESCRIPTION For anyone considering a career in nonprofit fundraising, including those transitioning from the for-profit sector.
This course will introduce you to the field of nonprofit fundraising, understand the roles and responsibilities of fundraising, and gain valuable insights on a wide range of opportunities and career paths in the field. Successful fundraising professionals will share their experiences and wisdom.
- Demystify the work in nonprofit organizations and fundraising careers
- Identify the types of skills needed to succeed as a nonprofit fundraising professional
- Develop a strategy to jump start your career in fundraising
- Myths and realities of nonprofit fundraising
- Career opportunities in fundraising
- Key competencies required in the field
- Identifying your assets and transferable skills
- Learning job search strategies
- Templates of career planning worksheets used in the course
- Complimentary $50 gift certificate toward any full-day grantseeker training course at the Foundation Center
- Complimentary one-week subscription to Foundation Directory Online Professional
Mark I. Kalish, CFRE, President
Kalish & Associates, Inc.
Karen Caruso, President
Caruso Consulting Corporation
Campaign Director, New Jersey Expansion Campaign
All Stars Project, Inc.
No refunds. Credit may be applied to Foundation Center products and services.