Securing Corporate Partnerships
in San Francisco, CA on December 14, 2010
WHEN Tuesday, December 14, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
312 Sutter Street
San Francisco Directions
COURSE DESCRIPTION For grantseekers who want to explore various corporate/nonprofit partnership models.
Today, corporations are taking an increasingly active role in supporting nonprofit organizations. This course will help you understand the unique characteristics of corporate funders, how their giving differs from that of U.S. foundations, and where to make inroads to gain their support.
- Determine what your nonprofit can offer to meet corporate interests
- Find the best corporate partnership model for your needs
- Know the language of corporate partnerships
- Seek corporate support with confidence
- Why corporations contribute to nonprofits
- The scope of corporate resources available to nonprofits, and their characteristics
- Identifying and articulating your nonprofit's assets and values to corporate partners
- Finding corporate partners for various needs
- Understanding corporate culture, hierarchy, and vocabulary
- Preparing for a successful corporate partnership; strategies for maintaining it
- Applicable for six CFRETM International points for initial or re-certification
- Complimentary one-month subscription to Corporate Giving Online (a $59.95 value)
- Workbook outlining all course topics
Instructor Marilyn Hoyt
No refunds. Credit may be applied to Foundation Center products and services.