Outcome Thinking and Management: Shifting Focus from Activities to Results
in Detroit, MI on September 19, 2008
To register for the Proposal Budgeting Workshop in Detroit, MI on November 5 click here.
WHEN Friday, September 19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Wayne State University
5155 Gullen Mall Detroit, MI
Course fee: $195
COURSE DESCRIPTION For grantseekers and nonprofit executive directors.
Now, more than ever, donors ask nonprofits to prove the effect of their programs on the communities they serve. In this course you'll learn how to apply an outcomes approach to your project, produce better proposals, and report on project impact.Developed in partnership with the The Rensselaerville Institute.
- Shift your organization's focus from project activities to outcomes
- Develop client-based targets and milestones for your programs
- Communicate your project ideas to donors in terms of outcomes and results
- Understanding how outcomes thinking differs from other approaches
- Using targets and milestones to describe a project and the intended results
- Applying outcome thinking to your project
- Addressing outcomes in proposals to build donor confidence about their investment
- Applicable for six continuing education points for CFRE International initial or recertification
- Free copy of Program Development & Management—The Outcome Approach (a $15 value)
- Workbook outlining all major course topics
- Templates for worksheets used in the course
No refunds. Credit may be applied to Foundation Center products and services.