WHEN Tuesday, October 16, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
WHERE Michigan League
911 N. University
Vandenberg Room Ann Arbor
COURSE DESCRIPTION For every grantseeker who wants to learn how to write proposals geared to foundations, and for experienced proposal writers who are initiating a foundation fundraising campaign.
More than 35,000 grantseekers have strengthened their skills with this popular seminar, now in its 15th year. Our expert instructors will teach you to craft a comprehensive, compelling proposal package—step by step. You'll hear what funders themselves have to say about proposals, and gain valuable insight into the review process.
- Gain the competitive edge with a well-crafted proposal package
- Learn the best way to present your information
- Humanize your story to present a compelling picture
- Convince funders to become part of your success and stay committed
- Cover letter, executive summary; your message to the grantmaker
- Statement of need; choosing data to support your cause
- Comprehensive project descriptions; your proof of project planning
- Organizational overview, conclusion, appendices
- Grantmaker contacts; cultivating your best advocates
- Researching the funder to position your proposal
- The grantmaker's proposal review process
- Free copy of The Foundation Center's Guide to Proposal Writing, new 5th Edition ($34.95 value)
- Workbook outlining all major course topics
INSTRUCTOR JOHN HICKS
As president and CEO of J.C. Geever, Inc., John provides strategic guidance for annual and capital fundraising programs for clients serving diverse constituencies and communities. Additionally, he counsels nonprofits on building managerial, fundraising, and board capacity. John is a contributing author to the Fundraising Handbook