The Hershey Foundation gives special attention to unique, innovative, and creative projects for children in Northeast Ohio. The trustees are particularly interested in funding pilot projects that can be replicated in other settings. Priority is given to:
- alternative educational programs for children of all ages
- arts, cultural and science programs for children of all ages
- early childhood education programs
Funding is provided for:
- program development and special projects
- equipment that brings new capabilities to an organization
- capital campaigns
- endowment of special projects
The Hershey Foundation reserves the right to initiate and fund projects and organizations that are of particular interest to family members.
The Hershey Foundation makes grants to organizations which are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals.