In 2013 we received 10 applications. Awards by our Grants Committee totaling $13,676 were as follows (principal investigator indicated in parentheses):
- University of Michigan-Dearborn (William Ian Clarkson) $2,899 for the purchase of a workstation and external disk drive to be used by Astronomy researchers to analyze data from a major multi-year photometric survey of the Southern Galactic Bulge.
- University of the Pacific (Hélène M.L.G. Flohic) $1,825 for the acquisition of two IDL licenses and a MacBook Pro to reduce and analyze observational data obtained in order to study the details of accretion physics onto supermassive black holes.
- Middle Tennessee State University (Charles A. Higgins) $3,100 for the purchase of one Linux workstation and one 12-terabyte storage disk to aide in the analysis of high resolution Jupiter radio emission data obtained with the Long Wavelength Array (LWA) radio telescope
- Wellesley College (Kim Katris McLeod) $2,132 for the purchase of a set of four Sloan Digital Sky Survey filters for the Sawyer 24” Telescope at Whitin Observatory
- French Camp Academy in partnership with Mississippi State University (Donna M. Pierce and Angelle Maria Tanner) $2,870 to conduct a comprehensive study using the Sangre Telescope
- Georgia Institute of Technology (James R. Sowell) $850 to upgrade an old Linux computer to a new Lenovo PC