The Corbin Foundation makes only "qualifying distributions" as defined in the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations eligible for grants are charitable organizations exempt under United States Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and governmental entities for public and charitable purposes. The Corbin Foundation generally makes grants only to or for the benefit of Akron and Summit County, Ohio and does not make grants to individuals.
In order for your organization to be considered for a grant, you must submit (via postal mail and not over the Internet) an original and one copy of a proposal which includes the following:
- Grant application cover sheet, available online as a downloadable application cover sheet (MS Word format).
- Cover letter written on your organization's letterhead and a written endorsement by your chief executive officer.
- Name of the project and its purpose or need.
- Amount requested of The Corbin Foundation, the project's total cost and a budget.
- List of other local foundations approached or to be approached for the same funding.
- List of your organization's governing body.
- IRS 501(c)(3) and non-private foundation status determination letter(s).
- IRS Form 990 (without attachments).
A more detailed explanation of the application process is listed in our downloadable Grant Guidelines(Adobe Acrobat/PDF format). The Corbin Foundation office can be contacted at email@example.com or 330/762-6427.