GRANT RECIPIENTS PLEASE NOTE
Brush Foundation grant recipients are expected to submit this reporting form within three months of the close of their grant year. Please download the Grant Reporting Form (Vista users, please right click the link) and submit it electronically to email@example.com.
Requirements for International Grant Applicants
Since September 11, 2001, the U.S. government has subjected foundations that provide support to groups outside the US to a substantial increase in scrutiny and oversight. These government efforts are intended to prevent charitable funds from being used to support "terrorism." As a result, the Brush Foundation has had to change its policy on international grant making. The following rules will govern grant requests from all organizations outside the United States.
Organizations based outside the U.S. that do not have their own 501(c)3 status conferred by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service are not eligible to receive grant funds directly from the Brush Foundation.
To be considered for program support such organizations must have a fiscal sponsor.
The sponsoring organization:
Applicant organizations must submit a Letter of Support from the fiscal sponsor and a copy of the sponsorís 501(c)3 certification with the letter of interest form.
- Must have a base in the US
- Must have its own 501(c)3 designation
- Must have a formal agreement with your organization prior to submitting a Letter of Interest
- Must be willing to receive funds from the Brush Foundation on your behalf
The Letter of Support should:
- Clearly state that they are willing to act as your fiscal agent with the Brush Foundation for the duration of the program
- That they understand the nature and intent of the program for which you are requesting funds
- Indicate how long they have worked with your organization, and on what kind of programs
To meet these requirements, we encourage organizations to identify and partner with US NGOs that are working in their regions, and we encourage US NGOs to recommend their indigenous partner organizations that have program priorities attuned to the funding priorities of the Brush Foundation.