History of the Brush Foundation
Since its inception the Brush Foundation has distributed almost $10 million dollars.
The Foundation was originally endowed with $500,000 in 1928 with a smaller additional gift from Maurice Perkins in 1942. Through the excellent stewardship of the Board of Managers and the Trustee (originally Cleveland Trust Bank, now KeyBank National Association) the endowment has grown substantially. As illustrated by the table below:
Total Fund Value benchmarks
Since its inception the Foundation has maintained its commitment to funding only in the area of reproductive health, family planning and reproductive choice. As the Foundation celebrated its 80th anniversary it proudly announced that it anticipates breaking the $10 million mark of funds awarded before the end of 2009. Over the past decade annual grant awards in all three funding categories (Program Grants, Core Grants and Fellowship) has averaged $337,000 per year.
The Brush Foundation
25350 Rockside Road, 3rd Floor
Bedford Heights, Ohio 44146-3704|
Phone: (216) 334-2209 Fax: (216) 334-2211 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org