The Mary Owen Borden Foundation was founded by Bertram H. Borden in June of 1934 to honor his recently departed wife. The Foundation began with five trustees: The Reverend William H. Owen, John C. Borden, Arthur B. Borden, Doris Borden, and William G. Gridley. Bertram Borden served as the Treasurer.
Much of the Foundation's early giving was provided to charities in and around Rumson, New Jersey, including Victory Park, Rumson High School, and the Mary Owen Borden wing of the Monmouth Medical Center. In addition, the Foundation provided funds to support the John C. Borden auditorium at the Manhattan School of Music.
In recent decades, the Foundation has limited its new funding to New Jersey's Mercer and Monmouth counties. The primary focus on current giving is to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and their families, and much of the Foundation's grants go to nonprofit entities in Trenton, Asbury Park and Long Branch.
The Foundation only accepts applications from our current grantees.
Web site design and hosting by The Foundation Center