Best Practices of Effective Nonprofit Organizations
Over the course of a long and distinguished career as a nonprofit executive, consultant, and volunteer, the late Philip Bernstein mastered the principles and skills that sustain the most effective nonprofit endeavors. He has transmitted his collected wisdom in this new book, which provides an overview of the best practices adopted by successful nonprofit organizations.
With a keen eye for the inter-personal and group dynamics that affect the functioning of nonprofit organizations, he covers such topics as:
- Defining purposes and goals and adhering to missions
- Obtaining and retaining high-quality volunteers and staff
- Achieving consensus on controversial issues
- Creating comprehensive financing plans
- Responding to change by adjusting services and operations
- Evaluating services to assess effectiveness
- Communicating goals both internally and externally
This volume provides guidance for nonprofit professionals eager to advance their organizations' goals and represents a new tool for courses in nonprofit management.