A Data Visualization Platform for Global Philanthropy
Philanthropy In/Sight® is an interactive mapping tool designed for grantmakers, advisors, policymakers, researchers, academics—virtually anyone interested in the impact of philanthropy around the world today.
It combines the Foundation Center's rich data on grantmakers and their grants with Google maps to tell the story of philanthropy. Choosing from a wide range of customization options, you can quickly create maps that reveal patterns of giving and funding relationships as never before.
Plus, you can overlay grant data with your choice of over 150 demographic, socio-economic, and other data sets to create compelling visual portraits showing where philanthropy has made an impact and where opportunities exist to fill critical needs.
See examples that show the impact of funding for arts, the environment, housing, and more.
Read what people are saying about Philanthropy In/Sight»
Learn more and subscribe»
Every Picture Tells a Story
Create maps to visualize the scope and reach of philanthropy—from local communities to countries around the globe:
- plot the locations of grantmakers and grant recipients on U.S. and world maps
- open map "pins" for information on any organization, and drill down for details about grants
- discover critical connections by cross-linking between funders, recipients, and grants
- focus on issues you care about by choosing from over 1,100 areas of interest
- explore emerging trends by viewing maps with aggregate grantmaker and grant data
- uncover critical gaps in funding by country, state, county, city, metro area, congressional district, ZIP code, and school district
- use Google zoom tools to focus near or far
- assess funding need with over 150 demographic, socio-economic, and other data sets
$195 per month, $1,495 per year (single-user subscription); discounts available on multi-user and multi-year subscriptions; for larger organizations, we recommend Institution-Wide Access to Philanthropy In/Sight. For details, please e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 424-9836.
Subscribe now. philanthropyinsight.org