Scholarships Now Available for the Foundation Center's Full-Day Training Seminars
Foundation Center scholarships are now being offered to build the internal capacity of under-resourced nonprofits in northeast Ohio. Scholarships may be applied to the full cost of attending the following full day class:
- Proposal Writing Workshop
Friday, February 28, 2014
This class is designed to give grantseekers hands-on proposal writing experience plus a deeper understanding of the funder's process. Using group exercises, case studies, and the participant's own proposal outline, the Proposal Writing Workshop will help participants understand the components of a competitive grant proposal, discover what grantmakers consider "red flags," and learn how to cultivate potential institutional donors.
This course will take place at the Foundation Center-Cleveland, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1600, Cleveland, OH 44115.
- Organization must have 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- The total organizational operating budget must be under $500,000
- A substantial number of scholarships are available for organizations located or doing business in Lorain County.
- Organizations must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to space availability.
- Preference will be given to those that articulate clearly the desired outcomes course attendance will have on the development work of their organization.
Scholarships are for $295, applicable to the seminar listed above. Each organization is eligible to receive one scholarship. A limited amount of scholarship funds are available.
Please complete the following online form as soon as possible, keeping in mind that scholarships are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. All fields are required.