Scholarships Now Available for the Foundation Center's Full-Day Training Seminars
Foundation Center scholarships are now being offered to build the internal capacity of under-resourced nonprofits in Northeast Ohio. Scholarships may be applied to the full cost of attending one of the following full-day seminars offered in Cleveland this summer:
- Foundation Fundraising Essentials
Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This updated course gives you the building blocks for successful foundation fundraising. It provides effective strategies for including foundations as a part of your organization's fundraising plan, with a focus on the importance of connecting your organization's needs to funder interests. Learn how to use Foundation Directory Online Professional to find funders and get tips on using research to approach your prospects with confidence.
- Proposal Writing Workshop
Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This class is designed to give grantseekers hands-on proposal writing experience plus a deeper understanding of the funder's process. Using group exercises, case studies, and the participant's own proposal outline, the Proposal Writing Workshop will help participants understand the components of a competitive grant proposal, discover what grantmakers consider "red flags," and learn how to cultivate potential institutional donors.
Seminars will take place at the Foundation Center-Cleveland, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1600, Cleveland, OH 44115.
- Organization must have 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- The total organizational operating budget must be under $500,000
- A substantial number of scholarships are available for organizations located or doing business in Lorain County. A limited number of additional scholarships are available to organizations located or doing business in Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Summit, Medina, or Portage Counties.
- Organizations must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to space availability.
- Preference will be given to those that articulate clearly the desired outcomes course attendance will have on the development work of their organization.
Scholarships are for $295, applicable to the seminars listed above. Each organization is eligible to receive one scholarship. A limited amount of scholarship funds are available.
Please complete the following online form as soon as possible, keeping in mind that scholarships are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. All fields are required.