Our office is located in the World Affairs Council Building at 312 Sutter Street in downtown San Francisco. The building is located on the north side of Sutter Street between Grant Ave and Stockton Street.
Take BART or MUNI to the Montgomery Street station, walk up the Sutter Street staircase, turn left on Sutter, and walk two blocks. We're just west of Grant Ave on Sutter.
From the East Bay
Take the Fremont exit off the Bay Bridge. Turn left on Fremont. Go one block to Howard and turn left, then four blocks to Third Street and turn right. Cross over Market (Third will become Kearny,) go two blocks to Sutter, and turn left. Proceed two blocks and, after you cross Grant Ave, the Foundation Center will be on the right in the World Affairs Council building.
From Marin County
Take the Golden Gate Bridge to Lombard. Go up Gough to Bush and then turn left on Bush. Make a right on Grant Ave and another right at the next intersection, which will be Sutter Street. The Foundation Center will be on the right in the World Affairs Council Building.
From the Peninsula
Take 280 north to 101 north. Take the Fourth Street exit, go two blocks, and make a left onto Third Street. Go about five blocks, cross over Market (Third will become Kearny,) and proceed two blocks to Sutter and turn left. Go two blocks on Sutter and, after you cross Grant Ave, the Foundation Center will be on the right in the World Affairs Council building.
The Sutter-Stockton garage is on the same block as our building. From our office proceed to the next intersection and turn right at Stockton Street for the garage entrance. For information about parking rates, call the garage at 415-982-7275.
For questions about Bay Area training contact:
Natasha Isajlovic, San Francisco Lead
For questions about training in the Western states, including California outside the Bay Area, contact:
Ganga Dharmappa, Community Outreach Manager
For administrative or donation information contact:
Michele Dilworth, Director
To schedule group tours and orientations, and special events contact:
Services for People With Disabilities
To ensure equitable access to Foundation Center resources for all, we are committed to providing services to individuals with disabilities. These services include but are not limited to:
In the Library:
- Wheelchair-accessible reference desk and computer workstations.
- Free photocopying of a reasonable number of pages from books and other library resources within the parameters of copyright laws, as required to provide equal access.
- Screen-reading software (JAWS) to read electronic text aloud.
- For low vision visitors print and computer screen magnifiers, and a reading easel are available.
- So that people with environmental illness and multiple chemical sensitivity can minimize their exposure to harmful substances, we ask that you do not wear perfumes or scented personal care products to the library.
In Our Training Annex:
- For visitors with hearing impairments, a signer is available upon request for our scheduled training sessions (Advance notice is required).
- So that people with environmental illness and multiple chemical sensitivity can minimize their exposure to harmful substances, we ask that you do not wear perfumes or scented personal care products to the training annex.
- For other accommodations related to our training sessions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Loans of Center-issued publications, and selected publications by other publishers, are available to individuals whose disabilities make visiting a Foundation Center Library or Funding Information Network location either impossible or a hardship. Learn More
Please feel free to contact us at 415-397-0902 to let us know of your special needs in advance of a visit.