Use Our Resources
We welcome you to Foundation Center West, a resource center and convening place for passionate folks looking to make the world a better place and seeking to maximize their impact.
We cater to all levels of experience—whether you're an emerging entrepreneur, interested in learning more about the social sector, a newbie just starting out in your nonprofit career, or on the leadership team looking for resources to strengthen your organization for long-term sustainability. You benefit from our wealth of knowledge on the field and our staff of onsite resource specialists who can help guide your efforts.
We offer trainings and classes to strengthen your skills, and we also help to broaden your network and build connections to others in the field through our convenings, meetups and other special events.
Please check out our our program calendar to help plan your next visit.
In addition to our events and classes, we also offer a great deal of resources to guide your efforts to build your organization's capacity.
Foundation Center has a wealth of knowledge-building tools which are all available to you at no charge when you visit Foundation Center West during our hours of operation—Tuesday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Professional access to Foundation Directory Online (FDO): FDO makes it easy to turn foundations into funders. It's the only resource you need to search for the foundations most likely to give you grants and manage your prospects through to funding.
- Other proprietary databases to help with your research such as: EBSCO Nonprofit Organization Resource Center for scholarly research, DonorSearch for individual prospecting, and LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations for researching corporate support.
- Reference library and lending collection. Check out our collection here, or stop by our Center to browse first-hand. If you'd like to suggest a title to add to our collection, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Foundation Center West!
P.S. If you are unable to get to our San Francisco Center, please be sure to visit one of our Funding Information Network partners in the western region.
- Complete and sign a Borrower Registration Form and show a valid photo identification card. If your current Bay Area address is not indicated on the photo ID, please provide a utility bill or other proof of a current local address. This may be a home, business or college address, but your name must appear.
- Up to two items may be borrowed for two weeks and checked out anytime during Center hours.
- Items must be returned to the Center by closing time on the due date. If a holiday occurs, items must be returned by closing time on the following day.
- Foundation Center staff will notify you by phone or e-mail when items are overdue.
- You will be responsible for any loss or damage to materials. If an item is lost or damaged, the library will submit you with a bill for the full replacement cost, plus a $5 re-shelving fee. You will also lose future borrowing privileges.
- To borrow items labeled "high-demand" you will be asked to leave a deposit that covers the cost of the item (plus tax and re-shelving fees). Foundation Center will return the deposit when the item is returned. Once an item is 30 days overdue it will be considered lost. You will be denied future borrowing privileges and the check will be deposited to cover the cost of the borrowed item(s).