We are located at 32 Old Slip between Front Street and South Street.
Our office is conveniently located near several subway stops:
- 4 or 5 train to Wall Street (7-minute walk)
- 2 or 3 train to Wall Street (5-minute walk)
- R train to Whitehall Street (7-minute walk)
- J or Z train to Broad Street (5-minute walk)
To request an orientation or college class visit (minimum of 20 students), or to request a specific Foundation Center class for a group, contact:
Susan Shiroma, Senior Social Sector Librarian
Services for People with Disabilities
To ensure equitable access to our library resources for all, Foundation Center is committed to providing services to individuals with disabilities. These services include but are not limited to:
In the Library:
- Wheelchair-accessible reference desk and computer workstations
- Free photocopying of a reasonable number of pages from books and other library resources, within the parameters of copyright laws, as required to provide equal access
- For visitors with visual impairments, reader services are available for up to one hour. (Advance notice is requested.)
- Handheld magnifier
In Our Training Annex:
- ASL signers provided for Foundation Center trainings and special programs. Two weeks' notice is requested to allow for contracting with outside agencies. Attendees are encouraged to contact us in advance of on-site programs they plan to attend to discuss other accommodations.
- For visitors with hearing impairments, a signer is available upon request for our scheduled training sessions (advance notice is required).
- For other accommodations related to our training sessions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loans of Center-issued publications, and selected publications by other publishers, are available to individuals whose disabilities make visiting a Foundation Center Library or Funding Information Network location either impossible or a hardship. Learn More
Please feel free to contact us at (212) 620-4230 to let us know of your special needs in advance of a visit.
Note: In 2018, we will spend more time in the community and online to meet users where they are, and also offer more innovative programming within our space as well. To accommodate these plans, we are modifying public access hours for Foundation Center New York. Effective January 2018, the New York Library will be open to the public during the following hours.: Tuesday through Thursday, 10am – 5pm. These new hours only effect general research within our library space, as we will often use the library for special programming during days in which we are not open for general research.