Use Our Resources
We welcome you to Foundation Center South, a resource center and convening place for passionate folks looking to make the world a better place and seeking to maximize their impact.
We cater to all levels of experience—whether you're an emerging entrepreneur, interested in learning more about the social sector, a newbie just starting out in your nonprofit career, or on the leadership team looking for resources to strengthen your organization for long-term sustainability. You benefit from our wealth of knowledge on the field and our staff of onsite resource specialists who can help guide your efforts.
We offer trainings and classes to strengthen your skills, and we also help to broaden your network and build connections to others in the field through our convenings, meetups and other special events.
Please check out our our program calendar to help plan your next visit.
In addition to our events and classes, we also offer a great deal of resources to guide your efforts to build your organization's capacity.
Foundation Center has a wealth of knowledge-building tools which are all available to you at no charge when you visit Foundation Center South during our hours of operation—Tuesday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Professional access to Foundation Directory Online (FDO): FDO makes it easy to turn foundations into funders. It's the only resource you need to search for the foundations most likely to give you grants and manage your prospects through to funding.
- Other proprietary databases to help with your research such as: EBSCO Nonprofit Organization Resource Center for scholarly research, DonorSearch for individual prospecting, and LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations for researching corporate support.
- Reference library and lending collection. Check out our collection here, or stop by our Center to browse first-hand.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Foundation Center South!
P.S. If you are unable to get to our Atlanta Center, please be sure to visit one of our Funding Information Network partners in the southern region.
This free service allows visitors to borrow up to two items for two weeks from our lending collection of more than 2,000 books and videos on fundraising and nonprofit management. Please note that while this service is provided free of charge, borrowers will be charged a replacement fee for unreturned items.
Our lending policies:
- Only items with a round orange sticker and check mark may be borrowed. Other items may be used in the library during regular hours.
- Individuals must submit a completed and signed Borrower's Registration Form and present valid photo identification with proof of address before they will be allowed to check out items.
- Borrowers must present valid photo ID and a valid credit or debit card at time of checkout. If you cannot provide a valid credit or debit card, we will accept a check or cash deposit for the total list price of the borrowed items plus a $10 processing fee.
- Borrowers may return items by coming to the Center during business hours, placing items in our blue drop box outside the office door after hours, or by mailing items to the library at the borrower's expense.
- If the borrower does not return items within two weeks of their due date, he/she will forfeit the collateral posted (i.e. their credit/debit card will be charged or check or cash deposited). Replacement charges for unreturned items are non-refundable.
- Borrowers with unpaid replacement charges will be denied borrowing privileges until all items are returned or all fees are paid.
Please see our Borrower's Registration Form for full details about how this program works.