Marketing Assistant (Part-time, long-term)
Foundation Center is looking for a part-time Marketing Assistant with strong organizational skills and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment to join our marketing and operations team, which provides leadership and support for the entire spectrum of trainings and tools that Foundation Center offers for a variety social sector audiences.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
Foundation Center's Social Sector Outreach Division is one of the most forward-facing units of the organization and engages directly with a diverse network of stakeholders. With a focused 'bricks and clicks' strategy in mind, the department contributes to the success of the social sector by providing in-person trainings in our 5 regional centers ('bricks') and via webinars, live chats, discussions and more on our virtual learning platforms ('clicks'). The Social Sector Outreach team also provides oversight for 450 affiliate networks in 12 countries and manages our dynamic, online knowledge hub - GrantSpace.org. In 2016 alone, we reached over 30,000 change makers!
POSITION: Marketing Assistant (long-term, temp)
REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
SCHEDULE: Flexible (20 hours per week)
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The Marketing Assistant is a critical team member supporting the promotion of tools, trainings, and other offerings developed by the Social Sector outreach team, the front-facing division of Foundation Center.
- Craft “promo packs” for fee-based webinars and in-person seminars (write sample tweets, social media posts, gather images, links, email copy, etc.)
- Promote courses (both upcoming as well as recorded replays) to online social sector communities and online platforms by the creation of scheduled emails (via Selligent software), Facebook ad content, Twitter promotional content, and other collateral
- Blogs: Write blog recaps of select trainings, and assist in copyediting guest presenter blog content
- Liaise with content development team and marketing and communication department to improve upon, streamline, and enhance the processes that outline overall online and in-person training promotions
- Provide support for ongoing and upcoming promotions and discount offers
- Perform testing on content to improve click through/open rates and gather/report on statistics as needed
- Support all members of marketing team on as needed basis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity and writing talent
- Track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands
- Understanding of nonprofit and social sector is a plus
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite, and a curiosity to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with the following software is desired:
- email marketing tools (like Selligent)
- online collaboration tools (like Google Docs)
- project management software (like Asana)
- graphic design image tools (like Canva or Photoshop)
- social media and blog platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Typepad)
- web conferencing platforms (like Zoom, Go To Meeting, Skype)