Knowledge Services Assistant (Short-term, part-time)
Foundation Center is looking for a part-time, short-term Knowledge Services Assistant who is highly organized and detail-oriented to join our Knowledge Services team, which is at the forefront of the ongoing evolution of Foundation Center as it transforms from a data publisher into a knowledge services organization.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
POSITION: Knowledge Services Assistant (Short-term, Part-time)
REPORTING TO: Knowledge Services Manager
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday (20 hours per week)
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
This temporary Knowledge Services Assistant position provides an exceptional opportunity to learn about foundations and the broader social sector both domestically and internationally. The position will involve providing support on a variety of projects, from foundation staffing to peace and security funding. This position is well-suited for an advanced undergraduate, graduate student, or others interested in gaining research experience. The position is part-time and short-term, for a 6–8 week period, beginning in May 2017.
- Assist in data review and cleaning for various projects;
- Prepare summary data tables for analysis;
- Conduct qualitative background research;
- Copyedit reports and online content;
- Perform administrative and other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced undergraduates will be considered.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Experience and high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Experience and/or interest in analyzing and interpreting qualitative data
- Experience and/or interest in working with large data sets
- Comfort working independently
- Positive attitude