Marketing and Communications Intern
Join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. In this role, you will gain hands-on experience marketing our products and services to our vast audience of nonprofits, donors, funders, etc. and promoting our mission.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Marketing and Communications Intern
Marketing and Outreach Manager
LOCATION: Washington, DC
- Hands-on marketing and communications work experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Students may qualify for credit towards degree requirements
Gain hands-on experience marketing our products and services to our vast audience of nonprofits, donors, funders, etc. and promoting our mission.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Outreach Manager to manage social media strategies and implementation. This includes: maintaining our editorial calendar, creating engagement strategies, drafting content, running reports, creating images, responding to follower inquiries, and monitoring our various channels.
- Monitoring and measuring marketing and communications metrics to update monthly reports and create other reports as needed
- Assisting members of the Candid team in preparation for speaking opportunities and conference sponsorships
- Monitoring earned media mentions and track key coverage
- Conducting post event analysis to determine success of our nonprofit profile training program
- Working directly with key stakeholders to increase engagement with our nonprofit audience
- Analyzing marketing revenue trends throughout our various systems (HubSpot, Salesforce, ProfitWell, Google Analytics)
- Researching current, past, and potential new customers through internal and external resources
- Working to implement various marketing strategies to improve Candid’s position in the marketplace
- Self-starter with passion for communications, public relations, marketing, social media, and philanthropy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Currently studying marketing, communications, business or other related majors
- Ability to work independently and manage high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality
- Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible and responsible
Bonus Qualifications but not required:
- Experience managing professional social media or media platforms (Hootsuite, Talkwalker)
- Knowledge or strong interest in analytics, SEO, and digital marketing
- Experience working with marketing management software (HubSpot, Google Analytic, Marketo, Pardot)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Who is eligible?
Current undergraduate, graduate college students, or recent graduates are eligible for the internship program. To qualify, you must be pursuing or have recently pursued a degree, certificate or diploma (full time or part time), and at least 18 years of age. You also need to be in good academic standing at your school and a U.S. citizen.