Foundation Center is seeking a creative, technically savvy, detail-oriented marketer with HTML and Google AdWords expertise to drive implementation and support for Foundation Center’s subscription products.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Marketing Specialist
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
Foundation Center is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join its New York team. As the Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for the successful implementation of customer lifecycle marketing campaigns for Foundation Center’s subscription product lines. You will collaborate and support the Marketing Manager and product teams and ensure successful product launches, content strategies, acquisition and retention campaigns that drive earned revenue to support both the social sector and mission of Foundation Center. The goal is to deliver marketing initiatives across digital, print, and conference events that meet product expectations of the brand and business timely and efficiently.
- Work with internal design team to create internal and external ads across digital platforms to support subscription and API product lines.
- Manage all logistical components for promotions—including cross-product promotions-- by coordinating with all internal and external stakeholders, managing the project calendar, and reporting on each promotion.
- Building and optimizing Google Ads campaigns.
- Work with the marketing manager to brainstorm and write creative briefs for marketing campaigns and develop the email marketing for campaigns.
- Responsibilities include hitting engagement goals, increasing awareness and conversion for new product lines, and managing all account communications including payment and renewals.
- Develop new and maintain existing email templates to increase the effectiveness of email marketing in order to increase sales, retention, and create a unified brand experience
- Continuously test, analyze, and optimize email campaigns based on content, image, subject line, and design
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and make recommendations to optimize current and future campaigns .
- Synthesize and interpret customer, campaign and research data into tangible, action-oriented strategies to increase customer engagement, retention, and LTV.
- Support for all logistics associated with the implementation of go-to-market project plans.
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Copy writing experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing, executing and measuring multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret campaign results to determine the effectiveness of marketing efforts, summarize analysis for discussions with senior management, set priorities, and initiate new campaigns.
- Ability to collaborate across organizations, working with key support areas to effectively execute campaigns including technology, operations, and creative partners.
- Technical skills:
- Google Ads (Certification preferred)
- Proficient with HTML
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar ESP)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Google Analytics (Certification preferred)
- MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or public relations
- 3-5 years of marketing experience (organization, agency or consultant)
- Proficiency with HTML is required
- Proficiency in Google AdWords and Google Analytics (Certification preferred)
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector preferred, but not mandatory
- Commitment to the nonprofit sector essential
- Strong project management
- Experience in product marketing and /or subscription services is preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Team player and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills