Receptionist (Long-term, Part-time)
Foundation Center is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated team member with an interest in the nonprofit sector to provide coverage at our reception desk.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Receptionist (Long-term, Part-time)
Human Resources Associate
12 hours per week: Must be available 4 days per week for 3 hours per day (2:00 -5:00 pm)
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The Receptionist will be responsible for providing daily coverage at Foundation Center’s reception desk.
- Answers a multi-line telephone system and directs the calls to proper departments or person.
- Enters expected visitors into the building security system and informs proper staff members of arrivals.
- Greets visitors and directs them to proper location.
- Monitors security cameras when security guard is away from the desk.
- Ensures patrons of the library sign in before entering the library.
- Registers patrons for library training programs.
- Helps callers navigate Foundation Center’s website and directs callers to the Funding Information Network library closest to them.
- Maintains a clean, professional and safe reception area.
- Performs administrative and clerical support, such as preparing word and excel documents.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned
Must have a minimum of one year of experience in customer service, reception, or administrative function. The ideal candidate must have a professional appearance, be courteous, confident, and dependable, and have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is a must. The ideal candidate is looking for a long-term, part-time position.