Customer Success Outreach Specialist
Are you a customer success star? Do you want to impact the success of nonprofits? We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and customer-focused professional to join our Customer Success team to empower nonprofits with our best in class tools while affecting meaningful change in the social sector.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Customer Success Outreach Specialist
Customer Success Manager
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
Our Customer Success team advises and guides customers through a suite of subscription products and ensures the products are utilized to their full potential, drive value and meet the needs of the customer. The team is responsible for general, enterprise, and Funding Information Network level subscribers and as such, should be cognizant of the unique needs of each cohort.
Foundation Center subscription customers require outstanding products and seamless service in order to facilitate the critical missions of their work in the social sector. The Customer Success team plays a central role in fulfilling Foundation Center’s mission of supporting these nonprofits and enabling them to thrive.
The Customer Success Outreach Specialist is the product SME for the entire subscription product portfolio and, by virtue of possessing exceptional presentation and sales skills, will drive execution of all upsell, retention and sales efforts for standard subscriptions. Additional support for enterprise clients will be provided at the direction of the Customer Success Manager. The goal of all initiatives is to match the right customer with the right product in order to drive engagement and ensure that customers achieve maximum utility and satisfaction from Foundation Center products. The Customer Success Outreach Specialist will monitor and adhere to all department SLAs and KPIs which will include response / resolution times as well as sales, upsell and retention goals.
- Product responsibilities – lead
- Follow up on all marketing leads including acquisitions, reactivations and upsells.
- Manage all relevant touch-points with prospective and churned customers based on marketing initiatives.
- Perform periodic and on-demand product demonstrations to introduce prospective customers to Foundation Center Subscription products.
- Lead product trainings to existing customers based on cohort analysis. The objective is to drive retention and product engagement and utility.
- Monitor all channels (email, phone, chat, video conference, social) and offer exceptional proactively &/or on-demand product guidance.
- The Customer Success Outreach Specialist will hear beyond the customers’ tactical request or problem and guide them to a solution within existing functionality whenever possible.
- Customer requests that cannot be met by existing functionality (either directly or indirectly) will be passed on to the Product Team for roadmap consideration.
- Develop and maintain a systematic method for conveying customer enhancement requests.
- Provide support for enterprise clients at the direction of the Customer Success Manager.
- Execute all responsibilities within department SLAs.
- Alert manager about issues that are impeding customer success.
- Escalate issues when requests cannot effectively be resolved within department policy.
- Technical responsibilities - secondary
- Provides back up service for the technical aspects of clients’ support (product and account issues) efficiency and effectively.
- Troubleshoot customer problems and differentiate user error vs. valid technical issues.
- Escalate valid technical malfunctions to Customer Success Technical Specialist.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
Highly self-motivated, proactive and innovative problem solver, collaborative team player, ability to prioritize for maximum impact, ability to connect with customer, attention to detail, adaptable to changing needs of market and customers. Dynamic presentation skills and ability to own the narrative. Strong collaboration or experience with sales marking, help deck and accounting teams, preferably for SaaS based services.
BA/BS degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Required proficiencies: NetSuite, Salesforce, MS Office, Video Conferencing, Oracle, Tableau, and JIRA. Minimum of five years of experience in customer service.