Customer Success Associate (Long-term, Part-time)
Are you a customer success star? Do you want to impact the success of nonprofits? We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and customer-focused professional to join our Customer Success team to empower nonprofits with our best in class tools while affecting meaningful change in the social sector.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Customer Success Associate (Long-term, Part-time)
Customer Success Manager
19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
Our Customer Success team advises and guides customers through a suite of subscription products and ensures the products are utilized to their full potential, drive value and meet the needs of the customer. The team is responsible for general, enterprise, and Funding Information Network level subscribers and as such, should be cognizant of the unique needs of each cohort.
Foundation Center subscription customers require outstanding products and seamless service in order to facilitate the critical missions of their work in the social sector. The Customer Success team plays a central role in fulfilling Foundation Center’s mission of supporting these nonprofits and enabling them to thrive.
The Customer Success Associate supports Foundation Center’s Subscription Products in a part-time, temporary capacity. The associate is a product SME for the entire subscription product portfolio and, by virtue of possessing exceptional presentation and sales skills, will lead product demonstrations and training all for standard subscriptions. Additional support for enterprise clients will be provided at the direction of the Customer Success Manager. The goal of all initiatives is to match the right customer with the right product in order to drive engagement and ensure that customers achieve maximum utility and satisfaction from Foundation Center products. The associate also provides technical and account support to all active users and those wishing to reactivate upon request.
Product training responsibilities
- Perform periodic and on-demand product demonstrations to introduce prospective customers to Foundation Center Subscription products.
- Manage all relevant touch-points with prospective and churned customers based on marketing initiatives and customer requests
- Lead product trainings to existing customers based on cohort analysis. The objective is to drive retention and product engagement and utility.
- Monitor all channels (email, phone, chat, video conference, social) and offer exceptional proactively &/or on-demand product guidance.
- The Customer Success Associate will hear beyond the customers’ tactical request or problem and guide them to a solution within existing functionality whenever possible.
- Customer requests that cannot be met by existing functionality (either directly or indirectly) will be passed on to the Product Team for roadmap consideration.
- Develop and maintain a systematic method for conveying customer enhancement requests.
- Execute all responsibilities within department SLAs.
- Alert manager about issues that are impeding customer success.
- Escalate issues when requests cannot effectively be resolved within department policy.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
- Provides back up service for the technical aspects of clients’ support (product and account issues) efficiency and effectively
- Troubleshoot customer problems and differentiate user error vs. valid technical issues.
- Escalate valid technical malfunctions to the Customer Success Technical Specialist as necessary.
Highly self-motivated, proactive problem solver. Outstanding presenter with the ability to own the narrative in all customer interactions. Perform responsibilities as a detail-oriented collaborative team player. Possess the ability to prioritize for maximum impact, connect to the user, and be adaptable to changing needs of the market and customers.
BA/BS degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Required proficiencies: NetSuite, Salesforce, MS Office, Video Conferencing, Oracle, Tableau, and JIRA. Minimum of five years of experience in customer service. Strong collaboration or experience with product, help deck and accounting teams, preferably for SaaS based services.