Engagement Specialist (short-term, part-time)
Foundation Center is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Engagement Specialist to help support social media and email marketing efforts. We are looking for someone who is excited about the social sector and dedicated to mission-driven objectives. This position is ideal for a marketing contractor and/or student pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Engagement Specialist (short-term, part-time)
Director of Foundation Center West
12 hours per week (flexible M-F, between 9 AM and 5 PM PT, but consistent hours to meet weekly deadlines)
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (Some remote is OK)
As part of the Foundation Center’s 2020 Plan, the Foundation Center is leaning into its commitment to help level the playing field for small to midsize organizations and individuals with game-changing ideas.
The Engagement Specialist coordinates email marketing and social media efforts for Foundation Center’s western regional hub. The Engagement Specialist reports to the Director of Foundation Center West and works closely with the regional team, as well as Marketing, Development, Network Engagement and other Specialists across the country to constantly and consistently provide the messaging about the Center’s value proposition to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate marketing planning; manage social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) efforts and outcomes for Foundation Center West programs and partnerships.
- Compile and edit content for the bi-monthly regional email newsletter.
- Prepare additional promotional email as required (no more than once a week).
- Evaluate and strengthen branding on all materials in coordination with marketing team.
- Analyze regional marketing statistics, prepare reports as needed.
- Participate in division-wide quarterly social media and marketing calls and liaise with division-wide marketing team as required.
- Maintain systems for monitoring community feedback and suggest changes to special programming as needed.
- Support Director and regional team in outreach efforts.
- Assess the need for developing new programs and expanding existing programs.
- Supports Director in all aspects of marketing regional efforts, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate or in current pursuit of an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to communicate well in person and in writing with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a goal-driven environment.
- Team player with a sense of humor and winning attitude.
- Good design sensibility; strong editor.
- Familiar with HootSuite posting and metrics.
- Proficiency in building community and promoting programs on various forms of social media — particularly Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce CRM and email marketing a plus.
- Requisite character traits:
- Highly Organized
- Quick Study