Engagement Specialist - Cleveland
Foundation Center is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented 20-hour per week Engagement Specialist to help support data collection and analysis, social media, special projects and operational logistics. Foundation Center seeks someone who is excited about the social sector and dedicated to mission-driven objectives.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
As part of the Foundation Center’s 2020 Plan, the Foundation Center is leaning into its commitment to help level the playing field for small to midsize organizations and individuals with game-changing ideas.
POSITION: Engagement Specialist (Part-time, long-term)
REPORTING TO: Director, Foundation Center Midwest
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week (Flexible between 9 and 5. Must be able to work Thursday & Friday mornings.)
LOCATION: Cleveland Office
This plan calls for building and maintaining a strong regional infrastructure. Engagement Specialists will be instrumental to this pivot. The Engagement Specialists provides administrative support for the regional operation. Specifically the role involves coordinating marketing and social media efforts; supporting fundraising activity and special projects; tracking data and statistics; and providing the day-to-day administrative support to make the team and the regional operation optimal. The Engagement Specialist reports to the Director of their respective region and works closely with Marketing, Development, Network Engagement and other Specialists across the country to constantly and consistently provide the messaging about the Center’s value proposition to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate marketing planning; manage social media efforts and outcomes.
- Compile and edit content for the regional newsletter.
- Manage coverage of local speakers and events through blog entries.
- Evaluate and strengthen branding on all materials in coordination with marketing team.
- Analyzing regional statistics, preparing reports as needed.
- Maintain systems for monitoring feedback and make changes to special programming as needed.
- Updates registration database as needed.
- Coordinate with and serve as a liaison to community and professional groups as well as the general public to increase awareness and use of Foundation Center programs and services.
- Support Director in outreach efforts and City Lead in operational efforts.
- Assist Director with prospect research as required.
- Assist with the development of programs and services in collaboration with other organizations in response to identified needs.
- Propose programming designed to encourage convening among local nonprofit leaders, professionals, and organizations.
- Assess the need for developing new programs and expanding existing programs.
- Supports Director in all aspects of operating the regional office as needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Knowledge of foundation fundraising and some work experience in nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to communicate well in person and in writing with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a goal-driven environment.
- Team player with a sense of humor and winning attitude
- High degree of comfort using Word, PowerPoint and content management systems
- Proficiency in using various forms of social media.
- Good design sensibility; strong editor.
- Experience with managing data and databases; data analysis, a plus.
- Fluency in a second language, a plus.
- Requisite character traits:
- Highly Organized
- Quick Study