Director of Financial Analytics
Foundation Center is seeking a highly analytical, strategic, and innovative collaborator to develop in-depth, meaningful and value added financial support for Foundation Center’s products and services.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
POSITION: Director of Financial Analytics
REPORTING TO: Vice President for Financial Strategy
MANAGEMENT SCOPE: Facilities and Office Services team
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The director reports to the VP for Financial Strategy and will manage all day-to-day finance/financial analysis functions to ensure they are carried out with a high level of efficiency, precision and integrity. Director will lead the forecasting process, develop standardized metrics across the organization, develop financial models, and work with Business Insights team to provide dashboards with meaningful information. Director will also have financial oversight of the organization’s facilities portfolio and manage the facilities team.
- Extensive experience in financial analysis, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Consolidate, update, and develop new metrics and statistics to monitor the drivers of revenue growth and profit improvement for subscription products. Work closely with Director of Subscription Products and provide Leadership with business insights around the client base, subscriber trends and areas to target subscriber growth.
- Pursuit of actionable analysis that provides direction. Collaborate with the cross functional departments and provide fact-based recommendations which improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively analyze and correlate available and disparate information/data to identify key drivers and potential actions.
- Ability to parse vast amount of available information to find correlations, determine cause and effects, and generate predictive analysis
- Become an expert in our business strategy, competition, and the business model of our various revenue streams.
- Oversee and manage the monthly financial forecast, operating plan and modeling tools, and the continued development of the budget by recommending improvements to the strategic budgeting process, workflows and related system outputs and usage.
- Develop and prepare the annual budget. Assist in setting budget targets, lead the company through the process and prepare the annual financial budget for presentation to executive management.
- Proficiency in all aspects of accounting pertaining to GAAP, audit and SOX.
- Analyze office lease contracts to determine financial impact. Collaborate with facility manager & legal team on contract negotiations and lease arrangements pertaining to the organization’s facility operations.
- Bachelors degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 8 plus years of extensive analytical, financial modeling and forecasting experience with a proven ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- 8 years SAAS experience.
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Proactive individual looking to continuously take on additional responsibility with notable experience improving processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience in the nonprofit/social sector preferred; if coming from a for-profit, nonprofit board and/or volunteer experience is ideal, but not mandatory.
- Well organized, detail oriented, strategic problem solver capable of meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Team player, adept at initiating and leveraging effective working relationships across internal teams and departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to and passionate about the Foundation Center’s mission and purpose.