Curriculum Design Manager
Foundation Center is seeking a proactive, creative team player to provide expertise and guidance on curriculum and content design and delivery.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
POSITION: Curriculum Design Manager
REPORTING TO: Manager of Programs
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
Foundation Center is looking for a Manager to join its Social Sector Outreach (SSO) team. The Content Development Manager will manage SSO’s curriculum/content design efforts, coordinating the creation of programs for in-person and online delivery. SSO is one of the Center’s most forward-facing units and engages directly with a diverse network of constituents through our vast in-person and online network. Our team contributes to the success of the social sector by connecting nonprofits to the resources they need to thrive. This includes the development and delivery of key offerings such as tools, trainings, and convenings at our 5 regional hubs, 450+ Funding Information Network locations in 11 countries, as well as web-based programming via live and recorded webinars, chats, discussions, and more.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create new curriculum for trainings. Create and adapt existing courses for an in-person and online environment by clarifying learning objectives, sequencing of instruction, and design of course materials;
- Continuously research and build knowledge base of learning systems and education practices, and research training options available to social sector professionals to identify new opportunities for Foundation Center;
- Serve as Foundation Center point person and liaison for training, involving SSO and other colleagues in course development and testing when applicable, and to identify points of intersection;
- Liaise with GrantSpace, Foundation Center’s online learning community for the social sector, to ensure that updated, high-quality on-demand training opportunities are available;
- Lead the effective use of technology and best practices in online instructional design to inform new eLearning development and ongoing staff professional development;
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
- Liaise with Marketing & Communications to develop program promotional materials, learn Selligent for back up support, and keep track of marketing trends;
- Work with Impact Measurement colleagues to design and administer user satisfaction and competency testing, and identify new and innovative ways to capture user outcomes.
- Conduct training sessions as part of the Center’s national training program as needed;
- Work with Manager of Programs to build a ‘train the trainer’ initiative for Social Sector Outreach staff and Funding Information Network liaisons.
- Represent the department at various business meetings;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Master's degree in education or related field and extensive knowledge of instructional design, learning platforms, the nonprofit sector, foundations and fundraising. At least 5 years of experience coordinating educational programs and teaching. Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats specifically as it applies to in-person and online learning. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and manage multiple projects effectively within deadlines and with attention to details. Ability to work within a changing environment responding quickly and flexibly. Willingness to travel as necessary to deliver programming.