Foundation Center is seeking a proactive, creative team player to provide technical and in depth analysis for all aspects of Foundation Center’s Business Systems and Applications.
FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
POSITION: Business Analyst
REPORTING TO: Director of Business Insight
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing oversight, support, and governance of Foundation Center’s business applications. The candidate will work closely with program, business, and IT stakeholders to document and develop new business processes, software implementations, and system enhancements, enabling Foundation Center to realize efficiencies and maximize user value. The successful candidate will enjoy process, data, analysis, troubleshooting, and technology and can provide insight with regards to all aspects of Foundation Center’s business processes.
- Provide oversight, administration, and maintenance of Foundation Center’s existing business systems and applications.
- Support day-to-day use of systems, resolve data and system issues, escalating and tracking issues when necessary to insure issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Develop and maintain training and documentation on Foundation Center’s business systems
- Coordinate and execute procedures and guidelines to ensure the quality of customer insights data and perform regular data audits; resolve data integrity issues.
- Provide technical support and data migration for integrating multiple systems.
- Participate in interviews with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance.
- Monitor end-user usage of systems, track performance, perform daily administrative and support tasks.
- Work with project team and functional business units to understand business goals and corresponding metrics; make recommendations and develop automated and/or interactive reports and dashboards that are scalable.
- Develop Tableau dashboards and maintain a shared platform for sharing key metrics about our customers and business.
- Help department managers and end users to effectively and efficiently utilize system functionality.
- Research and stay current on new technology as it relates to business insights and systems.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- 2 – 4 years of experience, including one year ERP, CRM, business intelligence, or ecommerce administration experience.
- BA/BS degree in related field strongly desired.
- Highly analytical data junkie who enjoys technology and coding.
- Detail-oriented, highly-organized self-starter who can work across multiple teams.
- Strong MS Excel and SQL skills.
- Previous experience implementing new systems strongly desired.
- Experience with Tableau or data visualization tools preferred.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Strong communicator.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups at all professional levels both internally and externally.